A small bug fix and community requested changes are wrapped up in update 732.1 for Tomb Raider. Unfortunately, this still doesn’t fix the graphical corruption some NVIDIA users are experiencing:
- Fixed an issue in ”Chasm Monastery” where the player cannot progress after fighting the Oni.
- New community requested graphics option ‘Screen Effects’ to disable camera-based full screen effects like water and blood drops.
- Fixed last campsite save not always updating when expected.
- Various small optimizations.
- Various minor UI fixes.
- Minor graphics fixes.
This is such a big change, Borderlands 2 developer Gearbox Software felt the need to announce the patch coming April 2nd:
Exciting changes are coming to Borderlands 2 on April 2, 2013!
As you may have heard, the team has been hard at work to raise the level cap — an effort that required re-balancing, re-tuning and re-testing the entire game — along with adding a third playthrough, more ammo upgrades, additional backpack slots and more!
Here’s what players on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 can expect that day:
Changes in 4/2 Software Update (Free)
- Adds new items to the Black Market:
- One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
- Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
- Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Various bug fixes.
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack
(Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)
- Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
- Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
- Powerful new “Ancient” E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
Check back soon for a detailed look at the gameplay changes in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode along with details on the various bug fixes in the update, and don’t forget there’s more to come for Borderlands 2: Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character, arrives in May with the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) hitting by the end of June!
An small update for pew-pew-pew action game Really Big Sky has hit the interwebz on Steam:
- New controller code, should work with all controllers now
- New fullscreen code and options
- Any player can now take a Steam screenshot (if the Steam screenshot key is bound the default F12)
- Updated logo
- Optimisations for some users
- New rendering effect
- Tweaked the charge laser
- Added support for Steam overlay
- Fixed a bug with Player 4′s wideband laser
- Fixed a bug that caused Peaceful Mode to end with 4 ships dead at the same time
- Fixed a bug where aimlines would show up for ghostships
- Fixed a bug with the reticule type couldn’t be changed
- Fixed a bug where the narrator would activate co-op lines in single-player Peaceful Mode
- Fixed a bug where arrow keys couldn’t be used to control the Reticule Editor
This looks to be a pretty big update for Don’t Starve for those of you who bought the game and got early access:
- Adventure mode is now integrated into survival mode. In a survival mode level, you can find a special portal that will take you to the start of adventure mode. If you die in adventure mode, you will wake up back in your survival level, outside of the portal. From there you can try again (restarting at level 1, of course). Dying in survival mode is still perma-death-fatal, and retrying a survival level will always generate a new one for you. Any existing saves that you might have from previous patches will be interpreted as survival levels – you should be able to teleportate out of them to get access to the new features.
- New front-end screens for dealing with the save slots and the new game flow.
- The adventure levels have been re-done to better match what their final structure will be. They’re still a bit rough around the edges, but you can start to see the overall sweep of the game now. Please see the detailed descriptions at the end of the changelist.
- Healing Salve – Made from crushed spider glands and ash – heals medium wounds
- Lightning Rod – Protects bases against lightning, gives you a few nights of free light when struck.
- Heat Stone – Place it near a fire to warm it up, and then carry it around with you to fend off the bitter frost.
- Earmuffs – Made from rabbits, of course!
- The Piggyback – A fancier, bigger backpack (that slows you down!)TOU
- The Bishop – guards Maxwell’s structures with lightning shots
New Level Features
- Chess biome! In adventure levels, Maxwell’s influence has begun creeping into the environment.
- Points of interest and traps – these are small, non-random areas that have good or bad effects.
- Touchstones – these mysterious stones act as one-time-use meat effigies if you touch them. There are a handful generated in each survival level.
- Maxwell’s door – leads to adventure mode.
- Pleasingly-arranged mushroom rings
- One-way wormhole (only in adventure mode currently)
- Pig-head-on-a-stick – someone’s been busy!
- Compressed the XP track. You now earn 20xp per survival mode day at a flat rate, and unlock all the XP-unlockable characters a lot more quickly
- Characters have a bit more health by default. This is to reduce the number of one-shot player deaths, and give you more of a chance to run away from danger.
- The player now has 15 inventory slots
- When you advance through the teleportato in adventure mode, you can only take four items with you. Choose wisely!
- Sanity depletion in the rain is less harsh
- The HUD is a bit smaller, to show more of the game world
- Removed low-level farm plots. We really didn’t need three versions of the same thing.
- Deerclops, lightning and beefalo mating season are configurable through level gen parameters
- Stepping on spider ground will trigger a response from the den
- Tweaked mushroom spawn chances
- Abigail has more health, but enemies will fight back against her
- Many new map icons, including backpacks and Chester!
- Crock-pot fixes: mushrooms count as vegetables, fixed frogglebunwich recipe
- You can no longer carry an extra backpack in your hands as you walk around.
- Werepigs don’t kite. They are too angry for that.
- The death screen buttons should always work now.
- RMB can be used to light things on fire when the torch is equipped (useful at night)
- Added a default start node so that maxwell and wilson not occluded
- Frozen ponds can’t be fished anymore.. but you can walk across them.
- MacTusk can miss you with his blowdart
- Spiderhat / Miner hat show remaining fuel
- Treeguards can be set on fire more than once
- Lua console now supports arrow keys
- Fireflies glow more reliably at the right times
- Trap icons don’t show up on the map when inside a container
- Chester is immune to ghosts
- Chester has much more health, and resurrects after only one day
- Fix spider jump attack sometimes not actually jumping
- Spider jump attack will not hurt Wilson when it misses
- Birds that are flying away shouldn’t re-start their fly-away animations mid-flight
- Rabbits will try to avoid a player between them and their home
- Fix to Abigail/ghost movement stuttering
- Ghosts pathfind, but will go through walls or objects if needed
- Abigail will show up at least every 3 nights
- Abigail will spawn some distance away from Wendy
- Wandering creatures will try to avoid walls and water
- Fleeing creatures will try to avoid running into walls
- Fix apparent duplicate item when dropping item on the ground and then into your backpack before the drop happens
- Fix infinite bees spawning from beebox by repeatedly saving/loading game
- When murdering an entire stack of helpless creatures in your inventory, loot is gained for each individual, not just once
- Waking up sleeping hunting hounds at night will rouse the walruses from their slumber
- Fixed a bug where you could use a sleeping bag or tent during the transition from night to day to skip an entire day.
The adventure levels are still being worked on and refined, but here’s an idea of where the are right now and where we want them to be.
Near-constant rain and frequent short winters take a toll on your sanity and your fires. You must survive in these more extreme conditions as you hunt for the teleportato pieces. When complete, this level should feel similar to a survival level, but with increased pressure on all your resources.
This level is smaller and shorter than the previous level, but it is permanently winter! The aim is to survive the cold without any preparation time. When complete, this level should keep you moving quickly.
The level features a resource-rich central island, surrounded by dangerous lands containing each of the teleportato pieces. Right now it’s still fairly lush, but eventually the outlying islands should be quite inhospitable!
Use the first land to stock up. Once you pass through the dying wormhole, you’ll need everything you’ve got to survive. We’re currently still working on the balance between the two lands.
This level should put your survival skills to the ultimate test, not only will there be harsh weather and tough monsters, but resources will be extremely scarce. Eventually. Right now it’s just been roughed in, but it’s still got lots of badguys in it!
Maxwell is still devising this level…
Well it took a little while for word to work through the pipeline, as The War Z was updated on March 21st, but news of the update just hit the tubez:
- Added Call For Help.
- To use this feature press the ESC key and then click MISSIONS. On the missions menu you will need distress message and some type of reward. Once they have been set click on the “Call” button.
- After a distress call has been placed it will show up on the map. You can put your mouse cursor over the distress call icon to get the details of the distress call.
- You can place a distress call once every hour.
- Distress calls will stay on the map for 10 minutes.
- Added a Personal Lock Box.
- You can obtain the Personal Lock Box via the market place, trading with other players, or found very rarely in the game world.
- Personal Lock Boxes will live for ever. Please note that we do not guarantee that they will remain this way. We need to push the feature to the live servers and evaluate the affects this duration will have. If it negatively impacts gameplay or performance we will give it an expiration timer.
- The Personal Lock Box has 30 slots and is one time use; it will remain on the server that it was placed on.
- To use the Personal Lock Box put it in one of your items quick slots and then press that key to put the Personal Lock Box in your characters hands. Use mouse 1 to then place the lock box. Once the lock box has been placed you can use it with E. When you first use the Personal Lock Box you will create a 4 digit key code that will lock the box. When you use it again it will ask you for that code. Please be warned, there is no way to recover Personal Lock Box passwords. Remember your passwords!
- Added a Nail Gun and Nail Gun ammo. This weapon is a rare weapon.
- Further optimization to the server browser. This should speed up the load times when looking for servers while in the server browser.
- Updated sound library’s – This will improve compatibility with some sound cards.
- We removed all of the random ambient sounds that were in the game.
- Spread improved on the following weapons:
- The spread on 1911 has been adjusted to be more in-line with all of the other hand guns.
- Lowered the attack speed on all melee weapons.
- Lowered animation speed on all melee weapons to coincide with the reduced attack speed.
- Fixed a bug with the loading bar that would load to 100% then drop back down to 75%.
- Fixed bug with female characters were playing male hurt sounds when they fall
- Fixed some issues with sounds on Sniper Rifles and Shotguns.
- Fixed a bug with items hovering in the air after a player has been killed.
- Fixed a bug with Walker Stalker not working at all. Now, the detection radius is applied to your character while walking. This skill does not function while sprinting.
- Fixed a bug that would not display an icon for the Brass Knuckles while in your Global Inventory.
- Fixed a bug that displayed an XP icon for unlocking characters instead of the Game Dollars icon.
- Fixed a bug with the VSS that would attract zombies at the same distance as a Blaser. It will now have a much smaller aggro radius when fired.
The patches just keep coming for SimCity. Hopefully they’ll eventually get it to what release should have been. All the news on the latest update is on the SimCity patches page:
- Police station can no longer hold more prisoners than the capacity.
- Added missing roof texture for certain commercial building.
- Added completion moment cinematic for Great Works.
- Visiting police cars have avatar of neighbor above them.
- Arcology Population reflects the population of the Arcology, not the city.
- Fixed a clog in the pipes where sewage would sometimes get backed up and act jittery.
- Region Wall will pop up when a new chat message has been received.
- Improvements to cases when connecting a new road to an existing road that goes over uneven terrain.
- Tuned some of the road snapping priorities to address some edge cases where it wasn’t behaving as desired
- Fixed a case where a new road would sometimes cause an existing road to change its shape drastically.
- Made Upgrade Roads mini-tutorial appear at appropriate time.
- Fix to four lane bridge to improve divider line placement.
- Clarified alerts about residents not moving in because of high taxes to state if it is residents, commercial businesses, or Industry that won’t move in because of high taxes.
- Improved text and icons on cities in region view.
- Updated text for “Become a Suburban City” mission to improve clarity.
- Updated requirements text for HazMat garage for clarity.
The new-to-Steam game Patterns has come with a new update:
Hi Pattern’s fans.
We have an update that addresses just a few bugs. Our last update appears to be working well for most folks. We were able to address some serious issues we had with save games and it sounds like that has been a success.
A bug was reported about saving a game with a phantom bomb and we fixed it. In certain situations Patterns would get corrupted when saving out of the Pattern stone. The game would soft lock if you entered key rebinding when in Tab camera mode. That has been fixed as well.
For Steam users the game will update automatically for you. If you are accessing the game via buildpatterns.com you will want to manually download the latest version.
Thank you for playing and let us know how the game is performing for you.
The Patterns Dev team
• Fixed save games corrupted by saving with a ‘phantom’ bomb.
• Fixed soft lock when rebinding keyboard keys when in Tab camera mode.
• Fixed Patterns that could in some circumstances become corrupted in the Pattern stone.
A new update to Counter-Strike: Source:
- Disabled Java for the in-game web browser
- Added a new ConVar sb_filter_incompatible_versions. This will default to true and hide servers on the Internet tab that are running incompatible versions.
- Fixed a client crash related to the audio system
- Fixed a client crash related to rendering models
- Fixed a client crash related to audio in the web browser
- Fixed servers crashing with the error message “Overflow error writing string table baseline”
- Fixed a missing material when setting mat_viewportscale to anything other than 1
- Fixed a missing material when changing the value of mat_color_projection
- Fixed a material system client crash for the Linux version
- Fixed windowed mode under certain window managers for the Linux version
- Updated controller support for the Linux version
- Improved performance for the Linux version
Worms Armageddon gets this update to version 18.104.22.168. It might seem like we just had an update for this game, but you’re probably thinking about the recent Worms Revolution patch. In Armageddon, we get the following:
- Added support for loading WormKit modules.
- Added an option to select a graphics API to use. Available options are: 8-bit DirectDraw, 32-bit DirectDraw, Direct3D 7, Direct3D 9 (CPU palette transform), Direct3D 9 (shader palette transform). The Steam overlay is now accessible when using the Direct3D API.
- Added options to control vertical synchronization and enable additional assisted vertical synchronization.
- The “/open” command can now be used to reopen WormNET games.
- Translatable strings have been moved into external text files. Various translations have been updated with user-contributed improvements.
- Various other fixes and improvements. A full change log with more details is available in the “Worms Armageddon Update Documentation” file included with the game.
Work continues on cleaning up the disastrous launch of SimCity. Here’s what comes in with patch 1.7:
- Traffic Improvements: Tuned traffic congestion and fixed some intersection traffic issues.
- Traffic improvements: Emergency Vehicles will drive in empty lanes to get around traffic at intersections.
- Traffic improvements: Emergency and Delivery vehicles get priority over regular traffic when leaving garage.
- All units and buildings can now be demolished using the bulldoze tool.
- Performance improvements for low spec systems.
- New Server: Asia 2 will be released Tuesday afternoon (PDT)!