More Steam patching goodies
Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
- Improved performance for the Linux version
Team Fortress 2
- Fixed a problem that was preventing some older demos from being played
- Fixed a client/server crash when a flamethrower gets destroyed while firing
- Fixed missing buttons on the item import tool
- Removed the promo restrictions from the Shred Alert, the Brutal Bouffant, and the Buck Turner All-Stars
- Updated the Vaccinator with its own uber-off sound and a sound when toggling resist types
- Updated some of the animations for the Shred Alert taunt
- Updated a couple HUD panels to support team scores with more than two digits
This is another “zOMG, they fixed how much?” patch (or well, at least it’s a substantial update). Below is the full patch list:
- Fix a crash occurring when switching from camera to player spectator mode.
- Added fix for micro-stuttering issue, controlled via ‘sim_iFixMicroStuttering’ cvar.
- Fixed messed textures after alt-tab in some cases on Direct3D.
- Fixed performance problems with HDR buffer resizing when choosing multiplayer model in menu.
- Fixed slightly wrong haze calculation in some cases.
- Some measures to remedy jittering when waiting for vsync in D3D that happened on some machines in some cases.
- Added cvar ‘d3d_bTripleBuffering’ to control whether to use triple-buffering, when waiting for vertical retrace under Direct3D.
- Fixed black screen on client when joining a Last Man Standing server.
- Fixed music on DeamonTombs not being controlled by music volume.
- If corruption of official gro files is detected, application will notify Steam that it should verify application cache on next restart. This should hopefully fix any corrupted files user may have on disk.
- If corruption of workshop gro files is detected, they will be deleted so that they will be automatically redownloaded on next application start.
- Editor: Editor now includes additional *_edit.gro files containing non-finalized versions of all files that were stripped of their edit data during creation of the game. This means that the editor download is now about 700MB bigger, but it allows you to edit all meshes, animations, mechanisms, etc.
- Editor: All official content including levels is now editable and can be saved. So custom versions of official levels can be created.
- Editor: If official content from a DLC is edited and resaved, it retains its DLC license. If such content is shipped to workshop, users subscribing to it need to have that DLC installed.
- Editor: It is now possible to finalize files using the shipped editor. Finalized files will be smaller in some cases, but will lack edit data.
- Editor: If some files are missing when loading documents in editor, placeholder “default” resources will be automatically created instead of failing the load.
- Editor: Fixed rendering size and aspect issues when running test game in editor, which caused mouse cursor in menus to be rendered in wrong position and other strange issues.
- Linux: Text input in Linux now respects the current keyboard layout.
- Linux: Support for clipboard (copy/paste).
- Linux: Fixed wrong characters in Linux for comma and period keys.
- Linux: Game now tries to restore desktop resolution after fatal error.
- Linux: Stack dump is now generated when the game crashes (into the Sam3.rpt file), similar to the Windows version. Post this when reporting crashes.
- Linux: Dedicated server would not start from Steam client.
- Localizations: Updated Bulgarian.
Auto-patch via Steam update available for DOTA 2.
- Added In-game Guides and Hero Builds!
- Players can now be a member of multiple teams.
- Fixed backswing behavior on some of Invoker’s skills
- Fixed Last Word being dispelled by Purge/Cyclone/etc
- Fixed Last Word interrupting channeling spells if the initial duration ends during the channel
- Enabled Medusa in Captain’s Mode tournament version
- Fixed Healing Ward not preserving its hotkey when leveled up.
- Added right click menu to the combat log with “Copy to clipboard” option.
- Added option to render the Co-Broadcaster’s camera. Use dota_minimap_draw_cocaster_camera 0 to disable.
- Added new right click option to backpack items to equip the entire set the item belongs to.
- Added a large number of items to the random loot drop lists.
- Adjusted hero roles of Windrunner (fewer last hits) and Meepo (more last hits).
- Made Death Prophet bot more likely to use Crypt Swarm in teamfights.
- Made Necrolyte bot a bit more hesitant about using Death Pulse when laning.
- Fixed bots dropping thousands of TP scrolls at the side shops.
- Practice with Bots difficulty and team settings are now saved.