An unbelievable list of general, user interface, editor, and bug fixes applying to Windows and Mac versions of this real-time strategy standard. A small sample:
- All-New Menu Screens
- The User Interface layout, art, and graphic style have been completely revamped.
- Players are now one click away from any major screen in the User Interface.
- Many redundant screens and game modes have been eliminated.
- More detailed information can be found in our Heart of the Swarm UI Update blog post.
- Exciting New Replay Features
- Watch with Others: Players can now watch replays with others in the same game.
- Take Command: Players watching a replay together can also opt to “Take Command” of the replay and assume control of selected player armies.
- Recover Game: Players can now choose trecover from a game that may have ended prematurely due to disconnection, input loss, or other abnormal causes.
- For more details, see our New Replay and Resume Features Coming in Heart of the Swarm overview blog post.
- Observer Mode Improvements
- Model Preview Panes now animate with the model’s default animation, making effects easier to identify.
For the full multi-page list of patches, hit up the official patch announcement page on Battle.net.