A small bug fix and community requested changes are wrapped up in update 732.1 for Tomb Raider. Unfortunately, this still doesn’t fix the graphical corruption some NVIDIA users are experiencing:
- Fixed an issue in ”Chasm Monastery” where the player cannot progress after fighting the Oni.
- New community requested graphics option ‘Screen Effects’ to disable camera-based full screen effects like water and blood drops.
- Fixed last campsite save not always updating when expected.
- Various small optimizations.
- Various minor UI fixes.
- Minor graphics fixes.
This is such a big change, Borderlands 2 developer Gearbox Software felt the need to announce the patch coming April 2nd:
Exciting changes are coming to Borderlands 2 on April 2, 2013!
As you may have heard, the team has been hard at work to raise the level cap — an effort that required re-balancing, re-tuning and re-testing the entire game — along with adding a third playthrough, more ammo upgrades, additional backpack slots and more!
Here’s what players on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 can expect that day:
Changes in 4/2 Software Update (Free)
- Adds new items to the Black Market:
- One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
- Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
- Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Various bug fixes.
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack
(Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)
- Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
- Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
- Powerful new “Ancient” E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
Check back soon for a detailed look at the gameplay changes in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode along with details on the various bug fixes in the update, and don’t forget there’s more to come for Borderlands 2: Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character, arrives in May with the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) hitting by the end of June!
An small update for pew-pew-pew action game Really Big Sky has hit the interwebz on Steam:
- New controller code, should work with all controllers now
- New fullscreen code and options
- Any player can now take a Steam screenshot (if the Steam screenshot key is bound the default F12)
- Updated logo
- Optimisations for some users
- New rendering effect
- Tweaked the charge laser
- Added support for Steam overlay
- Fixed a bug with Player 4’s wideband laser
- Fixed a bug that caused Peaceful Mode to end with 4 ships dead at the same time
- Fixed a bug where aimlines would show up for ghostships
- Fixed a bug with the reticule type couldn’t be changed
- Fixed a bug where the narrator would activate co-op lines in single-player Peaceful Mode
- Fixed a bug where arrow keys couldn’t be used to control the Reticule Editor
Well it took a little while for word to work through the pipeline, as The War Z was updated on March 21st, but news of the update just hit the tubez:
- Added Call For Help.
- To use this feature press the ESC key and then click MISSIONS. On the missions menu you will need distress message and some type of reward. Once they have been set click on the “Call” button.
- After a distress call has been placed it will show up on the map. You can put your mouse cursor over the distress call icon to get the details of the distress call.
- You can place a distress call once every hour.
- Distress calls will stay on the map for 10 minutes.
- Added a Personal Lock Box.
- You can obtain the Personal Lock Box via the market place, trading with other players, or found very rarely in the game world.
- Personal Lock Boxes will live for ever. Please note that we do not guarantee that they will remain this way. We need to push the feature to the live servers and evaluate the affects this duration will have. If it negatively impacts gameplay or performance we will give it an expiration timer.
- The Personal Lock Box has 30 slots and is one time use; it will remain on the server that it was placed on.
- To use the Personal Lock Box put it in one of your items quick slots and then press that key to put the Personal Lock Box in your characters hands. Use mouse 1 to then place the lock box. Once the lock box has been placed you can use it with E. When you first use the Personal Lock Box you will create a 4 digit key code that will lock the box. When you use it again it will ask you for that code. Please be warned, there is no way to recover Personal Lock Box passwords. Remember your passwords!
- Added a Nail Gun and Nail Gun ammo. This weapon is a rare weapon.
- Further optimization to the server browser. This should speed up the load times when looking for servers while in the server browser.
- Updated sound library’s – This will improve compatibility with some sound cards.
- We removed all of the random ambient sounds that were in the game.
- Spread improved on the following weapons:
- The spread on 1911 has been adjusted to be more in-line with all of the other hand guns.
- Lowered the attack speed on all melee weapons.
- Lowered animation speed on all melee weapons to coincide with the reduced attack speed.
- Fixed a bug with the loading bar that would load to 100% then drop back down to 75%.
- Fixed bug with female characters were playing male hurt sounds when they fall
- Fixed some issues with sounds on Sniper Rifles and Shotguns.
- Fixed a bug with items hovering in the air after a player has been killed.
- Fixed a bug with Walker Stalker not working at all. Now, the detection radius is applied to your character while walking. This skill does not function while sprinting.
- Fixed a bug that would not display an icon for the Brass Knuckles while in your Global Inventory.
- Fixed a bug that displayed an XP icon for unlocking characters instead of the Game Dollars icon.
- Fixed a bug with the VSS that would attract zombies at the same distance as a Blaser. It will now have a much smaller aggro radius when fired.
Update 1.1.5 is out for this indie action game:
- Added support for most character sets in chat, including Cyrillic alphabet
- Added AI name tags with class indicator
- Announce part destructions and kills from the Tar Barrel skill (as with ramming, destructions are credited to the player on the helm)
- Spectators: new UI providing detailed information on ships and crew.
- Spectators: always show crewmembers on a ship you’re orbiting
- Rebalanced rebuild game so that engines are slightly easier to repair than before.
Fixes and Optimization
- Fixed excessive lens distortion on high-zoom scoped weapons (e.g. Mercury)
- Fixed gun rotation bug that led to shots not going where expected when the gun was rotated partially in both axes
- Enabled new packet CRC functionality; this should fix router-specific disconnection errors (WRT54G and others)
- Made a number of server fixes to improve performance and reduce/eliminate slow-time:
- Eliminated the (completely pointless) physics cost for spectators
- Improved physics performance in general
- AI crewmembers raycast for line-of-sight less frequently
- Improved networking performance; in particular, the amount of load per-user-per-object has been reduced.
- Fixed a number of bugs related to asset loading
- Fixed a bug where map name would not update after a vote
- Fixed a number of Explicit AFK bugs, particularly related to respawn
- Made several changes to graphics options (will be reset to default values):
- Excessive/redundant entries in graphics options removed
- Fixed a bug with initial resolution detection
- Fixed several bugs related to resolution settings
- Fixed an issue where AI gunners would not perform the correct line-of-sight check under 300 meters
- Fixed shader issue that could cause aliasing around objects silhouetted against smoke particles
- Fixed trails so they properly fade out.
This great-looking shooter has a very Descent look to it, so I may end up buying it. Give a try to Retrovirus now that it has a new update:
- Reduced network traffic for all cooperative and multiplayer modes
- Reduced memory footprint after switching levels
- Added new MOBA map: Transit
- Added Multiplayer announcements for MOBA, Domination and multi-kills
- Added level scan progress to message log window
- Added Domination and Team Deathmatch support to some Deathmatch levels
- Improved dedicated server, including auto restart feature
- Improved placement of corruption in some campaign levels
- Improved joystick support
- Improved readability of control binding screen
- Improved 3DVision passive stereographic rendering (currently best with Low lighting detail)
- Replaced MOBA creeps with switching bots
- Fixed missing weapon after re-loading levels on which the weapon was acquired
- Fixed Steamworks achievements not being uploaded
- Fixed tutorials showing only default keyboard controls
- Fixed co-op spawning times lasting too long during extended engagements
- Fixed some co-op spawn points inside objects
- Fixed smoke bomb allowing many smoke screens and reducing performance
Recently released Tomb Raider already has a small update out, bringing the game up to version 1.0.718.4:
- Addressed some stability and startup issues on machines that have both Intel and NVIDIA graphics hardware.
- Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.
- Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options.
- Some small improvements to TressFX hair rendering.
- Fixes for various graphics glitches, including certain effects not being visible in fullscreen mode.
- Fixed a problem that caused some users to not be able to use exclusive fullscreen.
- Added support for separate mouse/gamepad inversion for aiming, as well as support for x-axis inversion.
- Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode.
- Various other small fixes.
I’ve skipped a few patches from Path of Exile because I’m not sure if this is the kind of thing most gamers want to know about. Specifically, a beta or pre-beta free-to-play game that one can sign up to play in now. It’s a great game, and I think well past what you would expect from a 0.10.xxx release number, but I’ve still gone back and forth in my mind with whether or not to cover it.
Today, I’ll give it a mention and see what other gamers think about this one. All that to bring you this (massive) list of updates in Path of Exile patch 0.10.2:
- Added a new Intelligence Skill – Incinerate: Launches a torrent of fire from your hand. The longer you repeatedly cast the spell from the same location, the larger and more damaging the flames become.
- Added a new cosmetic microtransaction effect – Blue Flame Incinerate: Replaces the standard flame of Incinerate with a ghostly blue fire.
- Added a new cosmetic microtransaction effect – Tiki Totem: Replaces the standard Spell Totem or Ranged Attack Totem with a coloured totem that has carved tiki designs.
- Added four new Unique items, three of which were designed by our Diamond Supporters.
- Added a new flamethrower ability to Snakes in the Dark Forest.
- Monster packs in end-game Map areas have had their size variance increased.
- The Solaris/Lunaris Temple tilesets have been improved and should now have higher performance.
- Added a new 3v3 PvP arena. One of the other arenas has been disabled temporarily while we fix a problem.
- Improved blood effects.
- Improved the Ice Spear and Lightning Arrow effects.
- Improved the performance of Ground Ice and Ground Tar.
- Improved the gem icons to be slightly better from a colour blindness point of view.
- Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects and environments.
- The passive skill tree now requires confirmation before changes are applied. This prevents accidental misclicks. If you want to skip this confirmation, ctrl+click the passive and no window will be displayed.
- We’ve added a “Lost Password” button to the main menu.
- Pressing Ctrl+up in chat allows you to cycle through previous players you’ve talked to via whisper in this session.
- Chat messages that are more than one line long now indent subsequent lines so that it’s harder to confuse other players with fake messages.
- There’s now a /clear_ignore_list command that will remove all entries from the list of accounts you are ignoring chat messages from. Better management of ignore lists is coming in the future.
- Players in an area are now always granted the quest status of having killed a boss regardless of who killed it.
- The performance statistics overlay (F1) can now be bound to other keys.
Continue reading Path of Exile Update 0.10.2
Yes, I realize this was just patched less than a week ago. This time, it’s a small hotfix patch to clean up a few remaining problems that were missed or created by the last update:
At their release, Babblers were a little bit useless. This uselessness boiled down to the fact that they were too slow to keep up with their host Gorge, catch friendly players hit by the baitball, and close distance with marines. Now, they are much faster, and much more useful.
Winrates in Gorgeous have been exceptionally good. After 25,798 games (on Sunday), the probability of a marine win in a randomly sampled game was 0.507, our best result yet, and a big improvement on build 239′s ~0.41. However, some of this improvement came from a bug causing Skulk’s to lose momentum when they hit the ground. That is fixed in 241, so we expect the probability of marine wins to decrease back below 0.5 for now.
Servers will update over the next hour or so, so if you can’t find games at the moment, sit tight. Here is the full changelog:
- Added super-sampling when generating reflection cube maps to improve quality.
- Increased Babbler run speed from 5 to 7.
- Fixed bug that prevented an Alien from evolving if they had Babblers attached to themselves.
- Eliminated uninitialized data when sending packets with strings less than the maximum length (may cause problems with some firewall rules)
- Fixed exploit which allowed Gorge tunnels to be build outside of the map.
- Fixed bug which caused Skulks to lose all their momentum instantly when touching the ground.
- Fixed bug where mines were ignoring damage falloff.
- Fixed bug where Alien attacks got blocked by attached Babblers.
- Fixed bug where fullscreen windowed mode forced vsync on.
- Changed the maxfps console command to only allow values above 30 FPS to prevent exploitation
- Reduced overhead of isa method.
- Improved server performance.
- Reduced the cost of updating entities in the query manager.
I’ve never even heard of this game, but here’s the scoop on the update:
The patch fixes our level reset bug that has plagued the game since launch. We have attempted to fix this issue in the past, but were unsuccessful. We have now verified fixes for all known ways of reproducing the issue. We are terribly sorry our users had to experience this, and we really appreciate all your support, and thank you all so much for helping us track it down.
Along with the bug fixes, this patch also includes all our recent enhancement that include:
- Changed pre-round wait time to 15 seconds each.
- Changed TDM score to 60 for faster games
- Filtering error in the server browser
- Added ping display on server browser
- Equipped items are now in a logical order so they’re easy to find in your loadout