This is such a big change, Borderlands 2 developer Gearbox Software felt the need to announce the patch coming April 2nd:
Exciting changes are coming to Borderlands 2 on April 2, 2013!
As you may have heard, the team has been hard at work to raise the level cap — an effort that required re-balancing, re-tuning and re-testing the entire game — along with adding a third playthrough, more ammo upgrades, additional backpack slots and more!
Here’s what players on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 can expect that day:
Changes in 4/2 Software Update (Free)
- Adds new items to the Black Market:
- One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
- Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
- Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Various bug fixes.
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack
(Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)
- Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
- Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
- Powerful new “Ancient” E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
Check back soon for a detailed look at the gameplay changes in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode along with details on the various bug fixes in the update, and don’t forget there’s more to come for Borderlands 2: Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character, arrives in May with the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) hitting by the end of June!