A short list of feature updates in the latest patch for Civilization V:
- World Builder would hang indefinitely for some users rather than loading into the main menu. This is now corrected.
- Visual C++ 2010 Redist and .NET 3.5 are now installed automatically, removing a required step after the initial install.
Another small update to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive:
- Fixed the end match map vote sometimes selecting the wrong map as winner
- Fixed a crash in dedicated servers related to the end match map vote
- Players can no longer cast a vote outside the range of maps in the end match map vote list
Another game I’m sadly unfamiliar with (but it looks great from what I’ve seen just looking it up), Endless Space gets a fairly substantial update to version 1.0.65
CHANGES AND ADDITIONS
- Add-On introduction and illustration
- Victory warnings alert messages
- Improved blockade effects: now activated on guard and invasion only
- New scrapping button for unnecessary improvements on the Empire view
- Tax rate tooltip in the Empire view
- Reworked game speed effects:
- Outpost are converted into colony in 15 turns (fast), 30 turns (normal), 45 turns (slow)
- Ownership progresses 2x faster in fast and 2x slower in slow
- Bushido, revenge and other traits linked to a turn limit are now bind to the game speed
- Locus point limit is now affected by the game speed
- Invasion progress is multiplied by 2 in fast and divided by 2 in slow
- Max Invasion Limit is now 50% in fast and 12% in slow
FREE WEEKEND REWARDS
- 4 new heroes with their own biography and illustration
- Virtual Endless
- 1 new Technology
- 2 new Buildings
- Deep Space Facility (G2G)
- High Energy Array
- 3 new Planet Anomalies
- Hostile Dust
- Endless Trouble
- Humeris Insidentes
- 4 new random events including stackable/escalating game events
- Mad Scientist (G2G)
- New Religion (G2G)
- Sleeping War machines (G2G)
- Endless Facility
- 6 new Exploration Rewards
- Pool of heroes is refreshed (G2G) reset or replaced
- Unveil surrounding systems
- Boost industry or approval (4 rewards)
- Option to allow AI governors to auto-scrap buildings
- Enhanced hero management
- Better affinity and faction traits management
- Fixed an issue with hero commander class skill tree that could lead to misunderstanding
- Fixed an issue with hero pilot class skill tree that could lead to misunderstanding
- Changed influence calculation to fix the bad value of the income applied during the first turn
Recently released Tomb Raider already has a small update out, bringing the game up to version 1.0.718.4:
- Addressed some stability and startup issues on machines that have both Intel and NVIDIA graphics hardware.
- Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.
- Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options.
- Some small improvements to TressFX hair rendering.
- Fixes for various graphics glitches, including certain effects not being visible in fullscreen mode.
- Fixed a problem that caused some users to not be able to use exclusive fullscreen.
- Added support for separate mouse/gamepad inversion for aiming, as well as support for x-axis inversion.
- Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode.
- Various other small fixes.
I’ve skipped a few patches from Path of Exile because I’m not sure if this is the kind of thing most gamers want to know about. Specifically, a beta or pre-beta free-to-play game that one can sign up to play in now. It’s a great game, and I think well past what you would expect from a 0.10.xxx release number, but I’ve still gone back and forth in my mind with whether or not to cover it.
Today, I’ll give it a mention and see what other gamers think about this one. All that to bring you this (massive) list of updates in Path of Exile patch 0.10.2:
- Added a new Intelligence Skill – Incinerate: Launches a torrent of fire from your hand. The longer you repeatedly cast the spell from the same location, the larger and more damaging the flames become.
- Added a new cosmetic microtransaction effect – Blue Flame Incinerate: Replaces the standard flame of Incinerate with a ghostly blue fire.
- Added a new cosmetic microtransaction effect – Tiki Totem: Replaces the standard Spell Totem or Ranged Attack Totem with a coloured totem that has carved tiki designs.
- Added four new Unique items, three of which were designed by our Diamond Supporters.
- Added a new flamethrower ability to Snakes in the Dark Forest.
- Monster packs in end-game Map areas have had their size variance increased.
- The Solaris/Lunaris Temple tilesets have been improved and should now have higher performance.
- Added a new 3v3 PvP arena. One of the other arenas has been disabled temporarily while we fix a problem.
- Improved blood effects.
- Improved the Ice Spear and Lightning Arrow effects.
- Improved the performance of Ground Ice and Ground Tar.
- Improved the gem icons to be slightly better from a colour blindness point of view.
- Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects and environments.
- The passive skill tree now requires confirmation before changes are applied. This prevents accidental misclicks. If you want to skip this confirmation, ctrl+click the passive and no window will be displayed.
- We’ve added a “Lost Password” button to the main menu.
- Pressing Ctrl+up in chat allows you to cycle through previous players you’ve talked to via whisper in this session.
- Chat messages that are more than one line long now indent subsequent lines so that it’s harder to confuse other players with fake messages.
- There’s now a /clear_ignore_list command that will remove all entries from the list of accounts you are ignoring chat messages from. Better management of ignore lists is coming in the future.
- Players in an area are now always granted the quest status of having killed a boss regardless of who killed it.
- The performance statistics overlay (F1) can now be bound to other keys.
Continue reading Path of Exile Update 0.10.2
A short list of updates in the latest Counter-Strike: Global Offensive patch just released:
- The convar mp_endmatch_votenextmap (defaults to 1) is now accessible to everyone.
- If a server is running a map group with more than 10 maps in it, a random set of 10 maps will be selected from the group and will be shown to clients at the end of the match in the map vote list.
- Added mp_endmatch_votenextmap_keepcurrent (defaults to 1) that forces the current map to stay in the list of end match voting options. If not set, the current map is not guaranteed to be in the list and will randomly enter the list like any other map.
- Resolved a few bugs with the new random map selection.
The first update for Champions of Regnum is out, along with the Champions of Regnum: Realm Guard Pack. The update for this free-to-play MMO brings the following:
- Modified: XP for killing another player has been raised 50%.
- Modified: Creatures with “Normal” rating or less no longer evade players’ hits.
- Modified: Mages and Arches initial weapons now have medium and fast speeds respectively.
- Modified: Some of the initial powers has been modified to make the first levels more dynamic.
- Modified: Under level 11 Characters no longer require 15 days to be deleted. This allows new players to experience different realms.
- New: “Brothers in Arms” Quest, rewards a 7 days mount and health and mana elixirs. – All Realms.
- New: Visual effect over interact able objects when they are part of the current quest.
- Several other improvements and fixes
Here comes patch 1.2, hot on the heels of patch 1.1, and to be followed shortly by Data Patch C (and no, I don’t know why some get letters and some get numbers). That’s a lot of love for Crysis 3:
- Fixed after-match award dog tags from not loading from the profile correctly
- Fixed root cause of some graphics driver crashes
- Fixed particle shader causing black squares/broken shading on some graphics cards
- Fixed shadering issue with underwater fog
- Fixed issues with non-default controls for weapon customization
- Fixed some issues with binding non-default vehicle controls
Another update to Dota 2 for those of you in the early access program:
- Gyrocopter: Fixed Rocket Barrage firing while under effects like Disruption/Chronosphere/Doom/Hex.
- Gyrocopter: Fixed Flak Cannon hurting nightmared units without waking them up.
- Naga Siren: Fixed being able to purge Song of the Siren aura off of Naga Siren.
- Nyx: Fixed Spiked Carapace affecting Juggernaut during Omnislash.
- Outworld Devourer: Fixed Astral Imprisonment not draining enough mana from enemy heroes.
- Timbersaw: Fixed Whirling Death not doing enough damage against strength heroes.
- Fixed Maelstrom and Mjollnir being unable to proc if the initial target is Magic Immune.
- Tweaked Neutral Creep chase timings for the two small camps.
- Fixed a number of bugs in Mechanics I, including all known showstoppers.
- Fixed holding alt causing smoked hero names to be shown on minimap when near truesight.
- Fixed your status showing as playing a local bot game if you were spectating a game
- Hero performance page is now sorted by total number of games played.
- Fixed Dire wins in the Team Game History tab showing up as losses.
- Fixed bug where Team Game History wasn’t refreshing properly.
- The Teams List under Community now displays Teams in order of their most recently played match.
- There’s now a dialog asking the player to rate their currently-used hero build (if it’s not yet been rated).
- Music now plays in spectator and replay modes.
- Added Fiery Soul of the Slayer item for Lina.
I love the Worms game series. This is the latest update for Revolution, clocking is at just under 50 Meg:
- A.I. team customisation! You can now create your own custom A.I. teams to play against! Simply select ‘A.I. Teams’ from the Customisation menu. Here you can create a new A.I. type, after you’ve given them a name choose ‘Select A.I. Team’ to bring up the customisation options where you can alter their formation and uniform!
- Text chat improvements. Players are now able to communicate within the lobby as well as in-game. We’ve improved the font used. To bring up the text chat press the tilde key and to close press the home key.
- Stats tracking. Track your statistics as a player, either for your formations or for your individual worms. Track your kills, damage dealt, worms lost, damage received etc. To view your stats select ‘My Formations’ from the Customisation menu, here you’ll be able to see Overall Statistics and Formation Statistics. Want to find out which worms are pulling their weight? Select a formation and then choose ‘Manage’, from here when you highlight a worm, you’ll see their individual stats.
- Czech language support. Please note that Worms Revolution will display in the language your Steam account is set to (where supported).
- Other bug fixes and improvements to game performance